Version 2.2.48 released on Nov 29, 2022
WHAT’S NEW 🎉
We are proud to announce the release of many enhancements and new functionalities that our users were requesting for a long time, such as advanced sharing settings, and the ability to select multiple source tabs at once. Also, this patch features improvements in collaboration, productivity, and simplification in the journey while connecting spreadsheets. Below are changes that will impact you positively, we hope you like them.
Improved the Workflow sharing, to introduce better control over the workflow resources while collaborating with your team, this release has various improvements, and a new Share dialog, featuring new features to enable users to extract the best from Sheetgo towards collaboration and productivity:
- Workflow access levels: Owner, Manager, and Collaborator:
- Workflow Owner: Can manage all the workflow resources;
- Workflow Manager: Can manage most of the workflow resources, except deleting and changing trigger settings;
- Workflow Collaborator: Can view all the workflow resources, but are not able to create or edit connections and settings, they can run the workflow and connections (this option was requested by our community).
- General access: Restricted, Organization or Team:
- Restricted: Only people added to the workflow with have access to it;
- Organization: Available for Google Workspace users, it enables all the organization members to have access to it, dismissing the need to manually add several team members when creating new shared workflows;
- Team: Available for users that are part of a Sheetgo team license, it enables all the team members to have access to it, dismissing the need to manually add several team members when creating new shared workflows.
- Reached people: From the sharing dialog, see who has access to the workflow files to easily invite them to the workflow but also have visibility over your organization.
- User suggestions: When focusing on the “Add people” field, Sheetgo will suggest to you some folks that you might want to add to the workflow, these users are people who either have access to the files or collaborate on other workflows.
- Custom sharing message: When inviting people to the workflow, now Sheetgo offers you the ability to add a custom message to be sent by email along with the sharing invitation.
Connection builder improvements
Improved the user journey on both the web app and add-on, making it more intuitive when creating connections, highlighting what is important, simplifying some steps, and aiming for a better user experience. Here are the points of this package:
- Sheetgo now allows selecting multiple folders as a source when creating or editing connections;
- Added the option to select more than one tab from a single source file;
- Added the option to select all tabs on a source file (similar to the Folder as a source, in a way that Sheetgo will load every existing and new tab);
- Added “Transfer formatting” and “Append” options in the main section, in this way users will see and be aware of these powerful features;
- Separated data processors from destination steps;
- Added proper help dialogs to explain each feature;
- Provided more information about why Sheetgo needs permission to access user’s Google Drive;
- Minor display adjustments to make actions and section headers more clear;
- And many more…
New filter engine
Releasing a new data filtering engine developed by the Sheetgo team to enhance the feature Filter by condition and cover some limitations from the Google Query API, with this new module, users are able to:
- Import and filter the whole sheet data, including hidden rows, which wasn’t possible using Google querying services;
- Select what columns from the source sheet they want to import, in the same way, that it was possible using advanced query syntax. This can be combined with filtering rows or not.
New login page
Launching a brand new Login page to reflect the latest communication we want to transmit to our users. This version features the “One tap sign-in” including the floating Google sign-in component that can decrease up to 300% the number of steps to users sign-up to Sheetgo.
Customer success stories
Added the Sheetgo Customer success stories to the Explore page, so users can read what others could do with Sheetgo and how it solved some of their pain points while working with spreadsheets.
- Adjusted the Account page for domain license users so it shows the correct description for the plan and includes the option to remove Sheetgo branding.
- Fixed the workflow view algorithm freezing and breaking up for some large workflows.
- Added an email validation in the recipient column, so Sheetgo does not process rows that do not contain a valid address.
- Fixed an issue causing to the application crash while creating a connection with generating documents.
- And many more… 🐛