Version 2.3.12 released on Mar 21, 2023
WHAT’S NEW 🎉
We are excited to announce the launch of the latest version of Sheetgo! Our team has been hard at work to bring you a range of new features and improvements, including several enhancements in the Sheetgo Forms, such as auto-saving responses as drafts, labels for form questions, the ability to pre-fill fields based on another question, and much more!
Additionally, we have added numerous new features for connections, such as the option to combine multiple PDF files, send emails without formatting, and improvements in the append feature. Furthermore, we have implemented a range of hotfixes and performance and security updates to guarantee an optimal user experience.
New Forms features and improvements
Customize forms ordering: This new feature provides users with the ability to customize and organize their form lists according to their individual needs and preferences. By simply dragging the forms, users can create a custom order of their form lists, making it easier to quickly locate the desired form.
Auto-save response as a draft: Sheetgo now offers a feature that ensures your response data is saved while you fill out the form. This means that even if you refresh the page or navigate away from the website before submitting, your responses will remain stored and ready for you when you return. A notification will appear to confirm that the data has been restored.
Sub-question as an open field: As requested by the community, we have added the ability to create open-field subquestions. This feature allows users to add details and/or a value to subquestions within the form, which can be configured as desired. For information on how it works, please check the official forms documentation.
Labels for form questions: Added the ability to have a display label separated from the column name on the sheet. This feature is enabled through the use of a new tag,
label: "This is the question title", check out an example in the help center.
Auto-fill fields based on another question: We are glad to announce the addition of the ability to auto-fill values according to a certain dependency in another field. This feature allows users to fill out a question with spreadsheet data, using a syntax similar to Google Sheets VLOOKUP formula. Please refer to the example in the official forms documentation for a better understanding of how this feature works.
Auto-fill fields for published forms: Improved the published forms to be able to receive field values by URL parameters for pre-filling the questions.
Combine multiple PDF files
- As requested by the community, we are releasing the option to combine PDFs when generating multiple PDFs from documents or spreadsheets. This allows users to more easily and quickly email multiple PDFs merged into a single multi-page file, rather than having to send each individually. Please check out how it works in our help center documentation.
Send emails without formatting
Introducing a new option for our “Generate email” feature. Users will now be able to send emails without any formatting, in a text-only format, providing greater flexibility and convenience when sending emails.
This setting can be enabled when creating the connection, and when activating the email will look as if you have written it manually, without the help of any software. For details, please read the help article in our help center.
As this feature follows the same rule as the “Remove Sheetgo branding on emails and documents” feature, only users of Business plans or higher will be able to use it.
Filter by query for Excel files
- We are delighted to announce the full support of the ability to filter Excel files hosted on Google Drive using Google SQL language. This powerful tool will enable our users to quickly and easily query their Excel files in the same manner as they do with Google Sheets, allowing them to access the data they need faster and more efficiently.
Improved the Append feature
- Added the ability to select an existing tab as the destination when using the Append data feature. This improvement enables Sheetgo to maintain all existing data, formulas, and formatting of the former data set, allowing users to quickly and easily integrate new data within existing spreadsheets.
Search option for select fields
- Introducing a search functionality to our dropdown components, enabling users to easily filter large lists of items to find the desired option. This functionality has been enabled across the application interface, with the exception of fields that are not compatible with searching. We hope this improvement will provide a better user experience.
- Fixed an internal issue that was preventing the reading of the data when the destination is a folder. This was causing the data types to not be properly formatted in the destination files.
- Improved the error handling of Split connections. Now, if a single file fails due to destination reasons, the process will not be interrupted, instead, it will continue to generate the other files normally. Additionally, Sheetgo will check if the failed files are available at the end of the process and will retry to process them, resulting in fewer unsuccessful runs.
- Fixed a UI issue allowing the creation of connections with multiple sources tabs at the same moment as using folder as source, which is currently not possible, the connection simply doesn’t work.
- Fixed some issues in the share workflow dialog that was causing slowness in the application, which was particularly evident in heavy workflows with a high number of files and collaborators.
- Fixed an issue when creating a folder on Dropbox through the file browser.
- Fixed an issue replacing special characters in the connection and workflow names.
- Fixed a visual glitch in the icons of the countries list on the invoice company profile dialog.
- Fixed a visual issue on the trigger settings dropdown that was overflowing the text.
- Fixed the trigger “On workflow run” that was not canceling the execution when its workflow dependency is canceled.
- Fixed a visual issue in the account authorization instructions.
- And many more performance and security updates… 🐛