Dynamic charts - keep number of active rows

I’ve created a dashboard with many charts based on a spreadsheet that I regularly update with Sheetgo.

The problem is that these charts don’t include the new rows in the input spreadsheet every time I update it with Sheetgo. This is due to the fact that your script overwrites the number of active rows in a sheet based on the input file. Isn’t there a way to prevent that?

Some screens for reference.

I’d like the spreadsheet not to be cut at 16 rows but to go all the way to 1000 rows. If I add 1000 rows below, the next time I update the spreadsheet with Sheetgo, it’ll go back to 16 rows.

This prevents me from setting the charts to be dynamic by including 1000 rows in the input range.

Have you taken a look at this article:

The easy way would probably be to create a chart from a dynamically populated sheet. (using an array formula or a query) This would also avoid empty values getting plotted on your chart.

So basically:

1. Create a mirror sheet of the Sheetgo one
  2. Hide the Sheetgo sheet

Thanks

Dear @mdamato,

This is a great request! Thanks for highlighting this. :relieved:

I just had this with another user as well.

The old Sheetgo behaviour was as follows:

If your source file had empty/blank rows, Sheetgo would transfer those, too.

Now recently, Sheetgo transfers only rows that contain data and removes and blank/empty rows.

Can you confirm that this new behaviour affects you and that you need a connection setting by which to tell Sheetgo not to remove empty/blank rows?

Thanks! :blush::+1:

the blank rows are not in the source file but rather in the spreadsheet I’m refreshing in Google Sheet.

1. First import > no blank rows
  2. I add the blank rows on the bottom
  3. Refresh > deletes blank rows

I just wanted to retain them (in a similar way the ‘append feature’ works but I don’t want to append the new lines.

@mdamato got you! I am taking a note for one of our next releases.

Thanks! :+1::slightly_smiling_face: