Filtered data connection is overwriting Master Spreadsheet in Google Sheets

Hello !
I hope there is a simple solution to this I am simply overlooking!

I want to export filtered data from my master spreadsheet to a colleague to make edits and then those edits to flow back into my master spreadsheet. But at the moment the connection is overwriting my master spreadsheet with just the filtered data. Can I share my spreadsheets for some help please?

Hi Libby,
Can you share with us a copy of it with us? Just remove the remove the confidential data and share here.

I believe what you need to do is simply using an additional tab, where you colleague can input data than we update it using Sheetgo at your master-sheet. Just use an Array to make it happens. It occurs because Sheetgo will always bring the latest data to the desired destination. So whenever something changes it will change in the tab, so we recommend you to just edit the data in another tab and connect the data again with Sheetgo, Array or Importrange at your master-sheet.

Thanks for the prompt reply Will. I want my Master Spreadsheet to be connected with the Team Test spreadsheet. The Team Test Spreadsheet only shows a filtered view of my master. I want to connect the two spreadsheets, without the team spreadsheet overwriting the master with only filtered data.

I hope you can help!

Thank you

Libby

Hi Libby,
I saw your spreadsheets could you explain if you’re looking for two ways sync or not? This looks like a 2 way sync or a bi-directional workflow,

Hello ! I am having this exact problem too! Did you find a solution? I want to export filtered data from my master spreadsheet to a colleague to make edits and then those edits to flow back into my master spreadsheet. But at the moment the connection is overwriting my master spreadsheet with just the filtered data. Can I share my spreadsheets for some help please?

Two-Way Connection Issues

@Libby_Stonehawk sure! Please share them with me: bobby@sheetgo.com.

Regards

@Libby_Stonehawk please give us an update here. Thanks!