Problems I am having with setting up a Holiday Tracking system

(1) Is there any way to record half days taken by employees ?

(2) Is there any way of having different amounts of ‘available days’ for different employees in the ‘Holiday Tracking’ tab? On the current template everyone must have the same figure for ‘Available days’.

(3) The e-mail that is sent to the employee confirms their request has been accepted for the wrong dates.

Hey @AineWoods,

Happy to help you customise the template.

Can I make this thread public so others can benefit?

Does this mean that others will have access to my holiday tracking spreadsheet and employee database spreadsheet ?

Thanks!

No, we can keep those private. Just to outline the general solution to everyone. :slight_smile:

Yeah sure!

made this topic public #6

Hi Bobby! Where will the solution be posted ? Thanks

Hey Aine,

Will post it here. Working on it!

Perfect, thanks so much

@AineWoods can you indicate in which cell you want to track half days taken?

For example:

If an employee fills out the google form and indicates that they were at a doctors appointment on the 4th March 2019 from 09:00am - 13:00pm and it is accepted then in cell C3 it should show 0.5 or add 0.5 to the figure already there. In cell C67 it should also display 0.5.

Hey @AineWoods,

I have spoken to our lead App Script guy.

It’s possible to track hours but would take us a couple of days to adjust the script.

Something we can only justify if you become a paid subscriber.

How do you feel about it?

Hi,

Unfortunately the company I am working for wants me to come up with a HR holiday tracking system free of cost. How much does it cost to become a paid subscriber out of interest ?

Did you get a chance to look at my other two queries by any chance ?

• Is there any way of having different amounts of ‘available days’ for different employees in the ‘Holiday Tracking’ tab? On the current template everyone must have the same figure for ‘Available days’.

• The e-mail that is sent to the employee confirms their request has been accepted/denied for the wrong dates.

Thanks!

Check https://www.sheetgo.com/pricing/

I don’t see a problem customising below cell for each employee individually. Have you tried? Any issues?

Sounds like a bug. Can you send me a PM with screenshots of the email as well as the right dates shown in the calendar?

- Is there any way of having different amounts of ‘available days’ for different employees in the ‘Holiday Tracking’ tab? On the current template everyone must have the same figure for ‘Available days’.

Sorry I may not have explained the above issue correctly. I am aware that it is possible to customize each persons ‘Available Day’ figure. However, when I do it , it seems to mess up other formulas ? By customizing each cell then the formula disappears and the ‘Spent Days’ cells don’t populate and in turn nothing on the system updates after a request is accepted/denied.

As for the issue which you seem to think is a bug I will try get some screenshots now.

Thank you

Hmm, I can’t see it breaking: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SzRalRtKOZIurSCTTtDouiQGwo4dvY-6/view

Which cells exactly?

Cells C3,D3,E3,F3 etc. In other words the row labelled ‘Spent’

Have you checked my video? What am I doing wrong?

Yes I have.

When someone requests particular dates off and they are accepted in the ‘Time off request form’ tab, the row labelled ‘Spent’ in the ‘Holiday Tracking’ tab should automatically populate. This is not happening if the formula in the row labelled ‘Available days’ is deleted (i.e. each employee has a different figure for available days).